The T3 Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program at The University of Virginia (UVA):
The nationally-recognized Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program (T3-ITDP) is a unique program that guides participants through the development, implementation, and assessment of interprofessional education (IPE) programs and team-based care.
November 9-12, 2022
The University of Virginia (UVA) Center for Interprofessional Collaborations (CIPC) is an expert team of clinicians, researchers, and educators dedicated to IPE and team-based care. The UVA T3-ITDP Lead Facilitators include:
- Tina Brashers, MD, FACP, FNAP
Founder, UVA Center for Interprofessional Collaborations (CIPC), Professor Emeritus, UVA School of Nursing
- John Owen, EdD, MSc
Program Director, Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program
UVA Center for Interprofessional Collaborations
- Julie Haizlip, MD, MAPP, FAAP
Co-Director, UVA Center for Interprofessional Collaborations, Associate Professor, UVA School of Medicine, Clinical Professor of Nursing, UVA School of Nursing
- Beth Quatrara, DNP, RN, CMSRN, ACNS-BC
Co-Director, UVA Center for Interprofessional Collaborations, Assistant Professor, UVA School of Nursing
- Natalie May, PhD
Associate Professor of Research, UVA Center for Interprofessional Collaborations
The UVA T3-ITDP is aligned with the objectives established by the NCIPE and the T3 planning committee to host a 3.5 day virtual, synchronous training program. This program combines theory bursts, experiential and immersive skill-building activities, and project development to:
- Employ teamwork principles to improve efficiency and quality of care delivery and reduce error
- Design, implement, and assess team-based approaches to complex health conditions
- Develop effective and engaging interprofessional education and team-based care training activities
- Utilize team leadership and communication skills to support team-based care
- Work with other healthcare professionals to promote and maintain mutual respect and shared values
Daily Schedule for Synchronous Learning (note, asynchronous modules will also be included): Times for UVA T3 are in Eastern Time
- Day 1: 8am – noon (theory bursts, experiential/immersive learning, interactive activities); 1-5pm (project development time and individual team faculty consultations)
- Day 2: 8am – noon (theory bursts, experiential/immersive learning, interactive activities); 1-5pm (project development time and individual team faculty consultations)
- Day 3: 8am – noon (theory bursts, experiential/immersive learning, interactive activities); 1-5pm (project development time and individual team faculty consultations)
- Day 4: 8am – 12:30pm (team project sharing and program wrap up)
Please use the links below to register your team for a UVA T3 training.
Note: If you require an invoice prior to registration, please fill out this form and select your payment preference. This form can be completed for any T3 workshop.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any registration questions.
Registration is $5985 per team of three, $7980 per team of four, and $9975 per team of five. Additional team members up to seven are $1995 each. Note: your team's space is not secure until the full payment is received. Once your team has registered and submitted the full payment, your team has secured space.
For more information please contact John Owen at the University of Virginia School of Nursing at 434-924-0093 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
University of Virginia School of Nursing
McLeod Hall 4073
202 Jeanette Lancaster Way
Charlottesville, VA 22903-3388
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing by 60 days prior to the start of the training for which you are registered. A refund of the conference, minus a $250 administrative fee, will be given for cancellations received by that date. No refunds will be granted for requests less than 60 days in advance. Submit all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Conference registrations are fully transferable (see Substitution Policy); however, conference fees cannot be transferred to other sites. We regret that refunds will not be provided for no-shows. If a T3 program is cancelled by the training site, every effort will be made to notify registrants at least 45 days prior to the first day of the program and registration fees will be refunded.
Registration for substitutions for individual team member registrants are permitted prior to the workshop; however, conference fees cannot be transferred to other training sites. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that substitution as well as updating any contact information. Submit all requests to email@example.com.