ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, CENTER FOR INTERPROFESSIONAL PRACTICE & EDUCATION
Location: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department: School of Pharmacy
The new UW Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (CIPE) is looking for a dynamic, engaged Associate Director to provide leadership about all aspects of interprofessioinal practice and education, to contribute to the management and operations of the Center, as well as to build relationships across campus as we teach all health professions students about, from and with each other to prepare collaboration-ready graduates for providing team-based care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the Center. Independently coordinate and prioritize projects and functions.
- Assume responsibility for hiring, training, supervising, and conducting performance reviews for CIPE staff and student employees.
- Assume responsibility for budgeting, financial oversight and financial reporting for CIPE.
- Serve as a liaison between CIPE and its partner schools/colleges and programs, as well as external organizations to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives of CIPE.
- Identify, prioritize, and operationalize priorities in interprofessional practice and education.
For a more detailed listing of principal duties, click on the "Full Position Details" link on the application website listed below.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Master's degree required, preferably in a health sciences, business, or engineering profession broadly defined.
-Leadership experience in health sciences education and practice, healthcare institutions, and/or graduate academic health education programs (more than 6 years).
-Experience in interprofessional practice and/or education strongly preferred.
-Experience facilitating collaboration within and across professions.
-Knowledge of health professional programs and practice cultures.
-Demonstrated ability to bring together groups with competing goals and objectives.
-Experience with program development, evaluation, and curricular design.
-Experience with grant writing and fund raising.
-Experience with program/project/unit financial management.
How to Apply:
Please follow this direct link to the application for this position: http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/495214/associate-director-center-fo...
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. To apply for this position, you will need to upload a cover letter and CV/resume. Your cover letter should address how your experience aligns with the required qualifications for this position.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Endowed Interprofessional Education (IPE) Professor
SPECIAL UPDATE: The Endowed IPE Professor search has been expanded to allow for a PhD in any health care related field (a PhD in nursing was previously required).
Description: The University of Kansas School of Nursing invites nominations and applications for the position of Endowed Interprofessional Education (IPE) Professor in Kansas City, Kansas at the KU Medical Center.
THE UNIVERSITY: The University of Kansas (KU) is a major public research and teaching institution of approximately 30,000 students and 2,600 faculty on five campuses (Lawrence, Kansas City, Overland Park, Wichita, and Salina). KU has 13 schools, including the only schools of pharmacy and medicine in the state, and offers more than 370 degree programs. Particularly strong are special education, city management, speech-language pathology, rural medicine, clinical child psychology, nursing, occupational therapy, and social welfare.
THE MEDICAL CENTER: The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC), located in Kansas City, Kansas strives to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs. KUMC operates three schools: The School of Medicine, The School of Nursing, and The School of Health Professions.
THE SCHOOL OF NURSING: The University of Kansas School of Nursing, with nationally ranked academic programs, prepares hundreds of students each year for successful nursing careers, as clinical nurses, advanced practice nurses, educators, leaders, administrators, scholars and researchers. The school dedicates expertise and resources toward building healthy communities and advancing the nursing profession, through practice, research and education.
It has built an international reputation for outstanding academic programs and as a place for innovative teaching and research. The SoN provides a resource-filled and student-centered environment for every level of a nurse's career, offering bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees, as well as continuing education programs. KU School of Nursing is the only university in
Kansas to offer a Ph.D. in nursing and is designated a Center of Excellence by the National League for Nursing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (sample list):
- Continue to solicit and receive external funding for program of research related to interprofessional education (IPE) process, strategies, and outcomes;
- Collaborate with other centers or departments to develop opportunities for inter-disciplinary research for all SoN faculty;
- Serve as a member of the Shared Leadership group to provide faculty mentoring and development in IPE research;
- Serve as primary mentor for doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows working in IPE research to build and develop cadre of faculty with an IPE focus; and
- Assist in the recruitment of graduate students (PhD and DNP) and post-graduate fellows with a focus on IPE research.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will bring the following skills and qualifications:
- Qualified applicants must have a PhD degree in a health care related field (nursing preferred) and demonstrated excellence in graduate education.
- Must have a research emphasis that aligns with the KU SoN areas of focus. (Required)
- Teaching experience in graduate educational program. (Preferred)
- Established grant funding and publications in IPE nursing. (Preferred)
NOMINATIONS and APPLICATIONS: EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting the University of Kansas School of Nursing with its search for this important position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
For more information about the university and position search (including position responsibilities and application requirements), please review this document: Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at www.eflassociates.com and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
Nominations and applications will be held in confidence and should be submitted through the Consensus Search Support System – not via email.
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position. (This letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position.)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé.
- Contact information (e-mail addresses are required) for five professional references, at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a second who is a colleague, and a third who is an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly.
- All documents should be submitted electronically in PDF format through the Consensus Search Support System:
- The search committee will begin reviewing candidate materials on April 20, 2017.
- The ideal start date is Fall Semester 2017.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Confidential inquiries, questions and nominations may be directed to:
Ms. Angela Lilje
Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates
Assistant Director of Interprofessional Education
Location: Main Campus
Department: Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
The Assistant Director of Interprofessional Education (IPE), under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Interprofessional Education, conducts and oversees all business for each of the activities that fall under this program. At present, this includes three major components:
- Promoting IPE professional development in health sciences
- Managing Campbell University’s IPE activities and curriculum development
- Helping procure faculty/staff support for IPE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranges and coordinates program scheduling and development for all existing and new activities. Acts as liaison for the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and/or the University in all public contacts involving IPE. Manages funds and information about programs, including financial records and program curricula. Maintains file system of this information. Handles correspondence: Reads and routes incoming postal and e-mail; prepares and sends outgoing mail and correspondence including e-mail and faxes; responds to telephone inquiries. Helps coordinate curriculum development and grant writing. Orders, organizes and maintains supplies. Maintains and updates the program’s web presence. Keeps supervisors informed through meetings and written monthly reports. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or acquired as necessary.
- The minimum educational background is a bachelor’s degree in education and/or a health sciences degree with experience in a secondary or post-secondary academic setting preferred. Experience with intra-campus departmental collaboration is ideal. This type of experience provides curriculum writing and development experience that is necessary to do this job. Experience with administrative duties including budgeting, scheduling and purchasing is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic administrative responsibilities are inherent in this position.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Power Point and desk top publishing programs. Must be able to write clearly and concisely to express information accurately.
Complexity of Duties:
- Must be able to manage unique programs, deal with unique problems, complexities and responsibilities as they arise, and to tailor responses to the situation and the people involved.
Types of Contacts:
- The assistant director maintains regular contact with personnel in all levels of positions at the university. This includes students, university staff, faculty and high-level administrators. Contacts also include vendors and businesses outside the university.
- Must be able to work independently, because he/she maintains daily control of all aspects of programming and fiscal decisions. Larger program-wide decisions are discussed with the appropriate contact(s) including the Assistant Dean of Interprofessional Education or others, depending on the specific aspect of the program affected by the decision. Policies and procedures of the university, and any granting agencies should be followed precisely.
- This job periodically requires some moderate lifting and moving of equipment, furniture and materials.
- The person in this position must be extremely well organized and must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- The Assistant Director of Interprofessional Education is a unique job within the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences. The duties for this position are associated with academic and educational experiences provided by the university. These academic and educational experiences involve significant and independent interaction with participants in the University’s instructional and educational programs. This position also requires the exercise of discretion in determining the content of the instructional or educational activities assigned and evaluating their effectiveness. This position demands honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
To Apply For This Position:
- Campbell University is unable to accept paper or email applications. Please apply online at http://www.campbell.edu/about/employment/ and click "Apply for this Position" below the description of the position for which you are applying. Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references. If you have any questions, or if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an application for employment contact the Human Resources Department at 910-893-1256 or email email@example.com. Campbell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please Note: All positions at Campbell University require honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and authorized by law. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: hiring; upgrading; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Employees and applicants of Campbell University will not be subjected to any form of harassment or discrimination for exercising rights protected by, or because of their participation in, an investigation or compliance review related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, or any other federal or state nondiscrimination law, rule, or regulation.
Campbell University also maintains affirmative action programs to implement our equal employment opportunity policy. Employees or applicants who wish to review appropriate portions of these affirmative action programs may schedule an appointment to do so by contacting the Vice President for Business and Treasurer at the Buies Creek campus, during normal business hours.
PVC (Associate) and Dean of the College of Health and Biomedicine, Victoria University, Melbourne Australia
It is an exciting time to join Victoria University. Its Strategic Plan 2016-2020 (https://www.vu.edu.au/about-us/vision-mission/strategic-plan) sets out a transformational agenda to position the university as both an outstanding and an open university to all students, whatever their educational, cultural or socio-economic background. Further, the University commits firmly to its region, and to engage with industry and the community to make an impact both locally and globally through outstanding applied and translational research. The University aims to be known as a champion of its heartland and transforming communities. Victoria University is proud to be ranked in the top 2% of the World’s Universities (Times Higher Education 2016-2017)
The University invites applications to join its academic executive. This important new appointment will lead the College of Health and Biomedicine as College Dean (https://www.vu.edu.au/about-us/academic-colleges/ ). The appointee will also be the Pro Vice Chancellor (Associate) taking university-wide leadership of the University’s health agenda including its aim to become a health promoting university.
The College is a leader in interprofessional health education for its region. College performance in the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment was impressive, with research in nursing achieving a ranking of well above world-standard.
The right person for this appointment will be visionary and possess strong operational acumen, with a record of significant achievement in a similarly complex education environment focused on student success, excellent industry-relevant research and interprofessional clinical education.
The Pro Vice Chancellor (Associate) component of the role will be critical to developing cross-institutional applied and translational research and industry and community engagement that has measureable impact, especially in sport, health and active living.
To obtain the candidate information package and for a confidential discussion candidates should be contact the search firm assisting Victoria University on this appointment: Dr Rosalind De Sailly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete applications addressing the selection criteria will be considered from early November.
Melbourne is Australia’s sporting and cultural capital, and has been rated the world’s most liveable city by The Economist five years in a row.
Victoria University will support the relocation of the right candidate and her/his family to take up the position.
Teaching-Research Tenure Track Appointment
Creighton University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution, invites applications for full-time, 12-month teaching-research tenure track positions in the Department of Physical Therapy. We seek innovative researchers and educators who can contribute to the discovery, dissemination, and implementation of evidence in movement science, neuroscience, behavioral/social science, health services/patient safety, or interprofessional education. Candidates must have an academic doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent; ABD considered) with record (or emerging potential) of generating grants and peer-reviewed publications. A competitive start-up package is available. Teaching and service expectations are dependent on applicant experience and background. Eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist in Nebraska is preferred. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Creighton University Department of Physical Therapy has an excellent national reputation (#15 U.S. News & World Report) and is an integral part of a comprehensive health science campus with commitment to interprofessional practice. The Department is an established leader in professional education, offering entry-level education, clinical residency programs, nationally-funded research laboratories (https://spahp.creighton.edu/research), and service to the profession and community. More information about the Departmental mission and philosophy can be found on our website at https://spahp.creighton.edu/academics/physical-therapy.
Creighton University is located near downtown Omaha, Nebraska; a dynamic metropolitan area of nearly 1 million people. Forbes Magazine recently named Omaha as one of the top 10 best places to live in the U.S. based on economy and quality of life (www.visitomaha.com).
Applications are requested by January 1, 2017. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and additional applications will be accepted and reviewed until the positions are filled. Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 1-2 page research statement, and contact information of four references. Application materials should be submitted electronically on the Creighton University Human Resources website http://ow.ly/gsMI302FO53
If you would like more information or have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Terry L. Grindstaff, PT, PhD, ATC, SCS
Faculty Search Committee Chair
Assistant / Associate Vice President of Interprofessional Education
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) seeks exceptionally well-qualified candidates for an Assistant or Associate Vice President for Interprofessional Education (IPE). The successful candidate will build on existing efforts to develop a nationally prominent program through creative leadership, strategic planning, implementation and assessment of IPE activities in education, faculty development, research, and health care delivery. The AVP will direct the university’s Center for Interprofessional Collaboration (IPC) with a primary focus on enhancing quality of care and improving patient outcomes.
The AVP reports directly to the Chief Academic Officer and works collaboratively with Deans and faculty from all six UTHealth schools. S/he will be expected to attract support for IPE activities through philanthropy and grants for education and research. The AVP will also lead efforts to develop collaborative IPC programs throughout the Texas Medical Center. Candidates should have a terminal doctorate, significant leadership experience in IPE, and qualifications for a senior faculty appointment. A complete position description and instructions to apply may be found online at the following address: jobs.uth.tmc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=111230
UTHealth is an EEO/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Executive Director, Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences Institute for Interprofessional Education
The Executive Director of the Pacific Northwest University (PNWU) of Health Sciences Institute for Interprofessional Education, who reports to the Senior Advisor to the President of PNWU, is responsible for managing the Collaborative activities. The Executive Director works closely with the Collaborative's Operations Committee and Advisory Council, and develops a working relationship with all members of the Collaboratives as well as its community partners.
The Yakima Valley Interprofessional Practice and Education Collaborative (YVIPEC) was launched in the fall of 2014 under the auspices of PNWU as the first of several community Collaboratives to be formed. The YVIPEC is comprised of member institutions that include Washington State University, Heritage University, Central Washington University and Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences. The mission of the collaborative is to promote the highest quality of health care through creating a culture of inclusive and collaborative interprofessional education, scholarship, and practice. View the full description and apply.