The Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program develops collaborative teams to transform healthcare education and practice with an in-person experiential education program and one year of consulting.
Our longitudinal program supports teams beginning with registration and through the implementation of your project.
What is the T3 Program?
The T3 Program is an immersive leadership-training program for teams wanting to learn how to design and implement effective interprofessional education and collaborative practice projects at their institutions. Team members will develop professional leadership skills and strengthen team dynamics to increase project success. The program includes three elements: pre-work, a 3.5-day in-person program, and several coaching calls and webinars.
Key Characteristics of the T3 Program:
• Team time each day to work on your projects
• Meet with your team as part of pre-work
• Strengthen and support team dynamics
Interprofessional Education to Improve Collaborative Practice
• Keep end-users in mind for project planning
• Talk to students, patient and family advocates, faculty, and clinicians during in-person program
• Use the Institute of Medicine’s Model to plan projects
• Experiential learning modules
• Short didactics
• Project-based learning
• Leave ready to train others in IPE and IPCP
• Online access to content
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What all is included in the price per person?
A: The price per person includes the Program’s pre-work, 3.5-day in person program training (breakfast, lunch, and one evening reception included), continuing education credits, online access to T3 resources after in-person program via a learning management site, a year of coaching calls and webinar support, and networking opportunities with T3 alumni online and in-person at IPE conferences. After the year of coaching calls and webinars, all enrollees will receive a certificate of completion issued from the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education.
Q: Do I need to attend the entire 3.5-day program?
A: Yes, by registering for the T3 Program all team members are committing to attend the entire 3.5-day in-person program.
Q: Who should attend the T3 Program?
A: The T3 Program is recommended to faculty, educators, clinicians or administrators interested in team-based training to increase team effectiveness, leadership development, interprofessional education and collaborative practice projects, leading change within a healthcare institution, and train-the-trainer tools to train other faculty at their home institutions.
Q: Can I attend the program alone?
A: No, single learners are not allowed. Teams must be comprised of at least three people, two of whom need to be from different professions.
Q: Are observers allowed to attend?
A: Unfortunately, no observers are allowed to attend the T3 Program since the format of the program is very immersive and interactive.
- Develop and customize IPE activities across the learning continuum (from academia to practice).
- Utilize methods and approaches to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of IPE across the learning continuum.
- Develop emerging IPE and collaborative practice leaders to champion cultural changes within educational and health systems.
- Create IPE and collaborative practice activities grounded in the concepts of team dynamics and culture change
- Utilize and model innovative teaching approaches to facilitate IPE and collaborative practice
- Implement plans for leading and sustaining meaningful IPE and collaborative practice at their own institutions.
- Utilize communication tools and techniques that facilitate discussions and interactions that enhance team function and improve patient safety.
- Establish an interprofessional peer network to help expand the capacity of faculty who can successfully lead and facilitate IPE and interprofessional collaborative practice in the U.S.
For questions about the Train-the-Trainer Interprofessional Team Development Program, please contact Debra Liner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about registration, please contact Stephanie Lackey, email@example.com.
- T3 Brochure - Long
- T3 Flyer - Short