Preceptors in the Nexus Toolkit
Ready to transform your clinical site into an interprofessional collaborative care and training site?
What you'll get from this toolkit
A wide array of tools that support and enrich interprofessional practice to enhance patient care, and professional development opportunities for clinical preceptors who facilitate interprofessional teams of learners. You can use any or all of the tools in a variety of settings- everything is customizable! The tools are available in a variety of formats:
- web-based modules for preceptor development.
- active-learning materials and facilitator guides for face-to-face workshops for preceptor development.
- interprofessional education materials to be used with learners to enhance their practice experiences.
- interprofessional collaborative practice materials and other resources being used across the country.
Who this toolkit is for
This toolkit will help preceptors in any healthcare profession who wish to precept interprofessional learners and/or champion interprofessional practice and education at their clinical site.Please note that a National Center user account is required to access the online modules.
- Complete one or all of the short and self-paced online modules.
- Consider using these alone or as part of a group activity.
- Use these simulations, discussions, presentations, and debriefing guides with learners.
- Customize to fit your educational needs.
- Build explicit opportunities for learners to participate in interprofessional education and reflection to enhance their interprofessional clinical experience.
|Practice Transformation Tools|
|Interprofessional Group Visit and Home Visit Guides|
|National Models and Resources for Interprofessional Practice Transformation|
- Customize to fit the needs of your clinical environment.
- Transform your practice and let the learners help you enhance interprofessional collaborative care at your site.