Preceptors in the Nexus Toolkit
Ready to enhance your practice site into an interprofessional clinical learning environment?
What you'll get from this toolkit
The toolkit provides professional development opportunities for preceptors who provide education in practice settings to interprofessional learners. This includes a wide array of tools that support and enrich interprofessional practice and education to enhance patient care and the learner experience. You can use any or all of the tools in a variety of settings- everything is customizable! The tools are available in a variety of formats:
- web-based modules for preceptor development
- active-learning materials and facilitator guides for face-to-face workshops for preceptor development
- interprofessional education materials to be used with learners to enhance their practice experiences
- interprofessional collaborative practice materials and other resources being used across the country
Who this toolkit is for
This toolkit will help preceptors in any healthcare profession who wish to precept interprofessional learners and/or champion interprofessional practice and education at their clinical site.
Interested in Interprofessional Continuing Education Credit?
A portion of this toolkit is also available for interprofessional continuing education credit. In support of improving patient care, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.To inquire about the continuing education available, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line, "Preceptors in the Nexus Toolkit."
Interested in in-person faculty development?
Preceptors in the Nexus: Interprofessional Learning IN Practice is a two-day workshop that offers interprofessional teams the knowledge to enhance the clinical interprofessional learning environment at their practice site. For more information, click here.
|Group Learning Materials (Active Learning Materials)
|An Introduction to Interprofessional Collaboration
|Madness to Methods
|Facilitating Interprofessional Discussions: Best Practices
|Role Play Cards
|Interprofessional Precepting: Best Practices
|Objective Structured Teaching Experience (OSTE)
|Enhancing Interprofessional Practice and Education at Your Site
- Complete one or all of the short and self-paced online modules.
- Consider using these alone or as part of a group activity.
- Use these simulations, discussions, presentations, and debriefing guides with learners.
- Customize to fit your educational needs.
- Build explicit opportunities for learners to participate in interprofessional education and reflection to enhance their interprofessional clinical experience.
|Practice Transformation Tools
|Interprofessional Group Visit and Home Visit Guides
|National Models and Resources for Interprofessional Practice Transformation
- Customize to fit the needs of your clinical environment.
- Transform your practice and let the learners help you enhance interprofessional collaborative care at your site.