Professional nursing career encompasses direct care; nursing, program, hospital, grant and quality management; research, consultation, and faculty positions. Academic nurse educator and administrator with over 41 years of experience in nursing and a 26 year background in higher education.
- Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation Integrated Interprofessional Curriculum Model Planning Grant (G. Lamb, PI), Curriculum and Evaluation Consultant (2012).
- Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation Integrated Interprofessional Primary Care Curriculum and Evaluation (PI: G. Lamb) Co-Investigator and Project Evaluation Lead (2013-2016).
- Pioneer Incubator Member, Arizona Nexus, National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, Nexus Innovations Network, University of Minnesota (2013-present).
- Evaluation Lead for Center for the Advancement of Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research (CAIPER) at Arizona State University; Phoenix, Arizona (2015-present).
- Interprofessional by Design: Meeting at the Crossroads to Accelerate Leadership Competency and Readiness of Transition to Interprofessional Practice (S. Harrell, PI/Project Director; K. J. Saewert, Co-Principal Investigator and Interprofessional Leadership Development Lead (2016-2018).
- International certification as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ); a credential designated as the gold standard of the healthcare quality profession and signifying professional and academic achievement in the field of healthcare quality management (1996-present).
- Credentialed as a NLN Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) recognizing the advanced specialty role of the academic nurse educator (2006-2016).
- A fellow of the NLN Academy of Nursing Education in recognition contributions to nursing education leadership in the area of assessment and evaluation (2010-present).
- On-site evaluator for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) - a nationally recognized accrediting agency for baccalaureate and graduate nursing education programs in the United States and its territories (2013-present).
- Editorial Board Member for Journal of Nursing Care Quality: The Information Leaders in Patient Safety and Quality Care, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (2014-present).
- Invited Member, NCLEX® Program Reports Panel of Nursing Experts, Mountain Measurement, Inc., Portland, OR (2016-present).
Performs in diverse role capacities including Evaluation Lead for ASU’s Center for Advancing Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research (CAIPER). Clinical Professor and Senior Director for Academic Innovation at the ASU College of Nursing and Health Innovation (CONHI). As Senior Director, leads a unique and highly regarded team collaborating at all levels — from local to national and international higher education communities — promoting excellence and impact in education and evaluation standards and practice.
Champions quality-focused initiatives to advance nursing and health professions education and improve healthcare quality and safety. Joins colleagues in national and international efforts to demonstrate how the collaboration of practice and health professions education can lead to improved healthcare quality and outcomes in emerging team-based practice models.