Discussion

Connecting Discussion General discussion I CAN Grant Update: 8/28/17
The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, the University of Minnesota or any of our funding partners.
Author picture

Week of August 27th:

As of last week, we received approval for an expanded role for our school of nursing program manager, Brenda McNeil.  We proposed to have Dr McNeil run the clinical seminar meetings with final year FNP students, as well as make regular visits to participate in clinical seminar meetings with AGPCNP students. We requested this change to provide a method to achieve our project goal of extending I CAN educational experiences to students in the primary care MS tracks who are not in the I CAN program. Dr McNeil is available for this activity as we also decided to decrease the number of clinical site visits for each preceptor-student dyad. While feedback clearly identified the value of the clinical site visits, both students and preceptors felt that the number of site visits was a bit too high. Thus we will have clinical site visits monthly (rather than bi-monthly). We are excited to implement this change in the program manager position and feel that it will allow the opportunity for the program manager to provide educational supports to all students in the UConn SON in the MS primary care tracks.