Who is Being Assessed or Evaluated?:
Self-report (e.g., survey, questionnaire, self-rating)
Notes for Data Sources:
Health care plans submit the data.
Patient / client health status
Notes for Content:
Five sections of the 2015 version of HEDIS can be viewed on the website.
- Effectiveness of care (e.g., fulfillment of best practices regarding patient assessment, screening, disease management and appropriate treatments for chronic conditions, vaccinations)
- Access / Availability of Care (e.g., questions concerrning access, fulfillment of annual visits, call timeliness)
- Experience of Care - they use the CAHPS surveys (see the [Hospital] Consumer Assessment of Providers and Systems on the Nexus Assessment and Evaluation Home Page)
- Utilization (e.g., relative resource usage)
- Health plan descriptive information
Yes. See website for details.
Open access (available on this website)