Social Determinants of Health FREE CE panel event Sept 19, 2019 at 1pm CST
For All Health Care Professionals
Social Determinants of Health: FREE CE Panel Discussion on Sept. 19, 2019
Offered by the UnitedHealth Group Center for Clinician Advancement
Who: All Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
What: Attend FREE CE Panel
When: 1:00 p.m. (Central) Thursday, Sept. 19
How: Available via Live Webcast
According to the World Health Organization, social determinants of health (SDOH) are "the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age." There is increasing awareness that SDOH affect physical and mental health outcomes.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of case managers, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, PAs, physicians, social workers and other health care professionals who are interested in social determinants of health.
Objectives of the CE Panel
- Explore ways in which HCPs can understand the significance of SDOH on social and behavioral factors that impact health
- Identify ways in which HCPs can recognize and address SDOH needs, and strategies to mitigate their impact on patients' outcomes
- State ways in which family caregivers can be incorporated into health care teams
- Provide examples of how the health care industry can address SDOH barriers
- List examples of where the health care industry can facilitate industry thought-leadership on SDOH
Tell a Colleague About CE Panel!
We encourage you to share the link below with your colleagues.
Sheila Shapiro, the UHC leader who was part of the plenary panel at the August Summit will be a panelist at this CE event.
Center for Clinician Advancement | © UnitedHealth Group. All rights reserved.