National Center and AIHC Align to Support Growing Interprofessional Practice and Education Community
As we begin 2018, the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education and the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC) are excited to announce their collaboration to better serve the interprofessional education and collaborative practice community. As defined by its funders, the National Center provides vision, leadership, evidence and resources to guide the national agenda to advance interprofessional education and collaborative practice. AIHC develops the scholars and leaders who advance interprofessional education and transform health professions education across the learning continuum, for students, practitioners, and educators.
Through this collaboration, AIHC will serve as the interprofessional membership-driven function of the National Center, fostering an interprofessional community dedicated to the advancement of the field through substantive, scholarly engagement. Together, these organizations will expand opportunities for the interprofessional community to broaden its reach and advance the field to address the quadruple aim: enhanced patient care, improved population health, reducing costs, and improving work-life balance. AIHC will continue to focus on the critical areas of scholarship, mentorship and leadership development, program development and research, as well as producing its signature event with Canadian colleagues, Collaborating Across Borders, which just celebrated its tenth anniversary.
As it has in the past, AIHC will remain a membership-driven organization. Members will be part of an interprofessional community that will continue to enjoy the following member-only benefits including:
- Collaboration and connection with other AIHC members and organizations
- Personalized member certificate
- Quarterly newsletter
- Advance notice and reduced registration fees for Collaborating Across Borders conference, National Center Summit, AIHC webinars, affiliated regional-conferences and other National Center activities
- Exclusive member-only activities including webinars, special programming, and events at national meetings
- Online access to learning tools, informational resources and current research in the field of interprofessional practice and education
- Opportunities for national-level service through committee involvement
- Discounts on regional conferences endorsed by AIHC
- Involvement in the AIHC/National Center Mentorship program
- Participation in members-only forums and other leadership development opportunities
Stay tuned for additional information about how to make the most of your AIHC membership. Purchase your 2018 membership now to access member benefits!