Announcing the new class of Macy Scholars
We are delighted to announce our new class of Macy Faculty Scholars!
- Jennifer Best, MD, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Jessica Devido, PhD, CPNP, Duquesne University School of Nursing
- David Diller, MD, MHPE, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- Sunny G. Hallowell, PhD, RN, PPCNP-BC, Villanova University M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing
- Matthew J. Rustici, MD, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Each Scholar will engage in activities to enhance their career as an educator while pursuing a mentored educational innovation project at their home institution. Their projects deal with important themes spanning health equity, maternal-child health outcomes, and inclusiveness and belonging within the classroom, clinical learning environment, and beyond.
“The Macy Faculty Scholars continue to pave the way for health professions education reform,” said Dr. Holly J. Humphrey, President of the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation. “We are thrilled to see how this remarkable group of Scholars in the 2021 class will improve outcomes for patients, for the education for future health care professionals, and for the communities they serve. ”
Learn more about the 2021 Macy Faculty Scholars and their projects.