3rd Annual Heartland Interprofessional Education (HIPE) Conference
The Heartland Interprofessional Education (HIPE) Conference will focus on interprofessional education and collaborative practice aligning with the definitions and competencies in the Core Competencies of Interprofessional Collaborative Practice (IPEC, 2016). The conference provides an opportunity for learners, scholars, and practitioners in the field of interprofessional education and healthcare to share knowledge, build skills, experience professional development, and form collaborative relationships.
This conference will highlight emerging trends in interprofessional education and collaborative practice, facilitate participants’ knowledge and skill set acquisition, and affirm attitudes focused on improving outcomes for patients, healthcare professionals, and populations.
Call for Abstracts
The virtual 2021 Heartland Interprofessional Education Conference provides an opportunity for learners, scholars, and practitioners in the field of interprofessional education and healthcare to share knowledge, build skills, experience professional development, and form collaborative relationships. Abstracts should represent original work in the areas of interprofessional practice, education or research. Faculty, staff, student, and practitioner submissions are welcome.
Abstract should be submitted in at least one of the following presentation categories.
- Oral presentation (30 minutes): A presentation describing important interprofessional research, or innovations in curriculum, assessment, policy, or practice.
- Workshop (90 minutes): Interactive sessions focused on the participants, who can expect to develop practical skills and/or gain useful knowledge as a result of their participation.
- Poster (Thursday): Poster presentations provide an opportunity for authors to share and discuss the results of their work with conference attendees, and address the same topic categories as oral presentations (above). Poster presentations may represent works-in-progress.
Presenters will be required to register and attend the conference. Submission of an abstract represents author consent to the recording, publishing, and/or distribution of the presented content through electronic, written, or printed means.
Please Note These Important Dates
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday, June 11
- Notification of acceptance will be made starting: Wednesday, June 9