Building Connections to Interprofessional Collaboration: Innovations in Substance Use and Harm Reduction Pedagogy
Meeting Time & Date: 05.11.2021 | 11:00 AM - 1:40 PM CST
Location: Zoom Event | Registration links to keynote and selected workshop will be emailed to participants the week before the event.
Meeting Fees: Complimentary
Join us for this 2.5-hour workshop-style virtual event to learn more about innovations in IPE programming focused on opioids, substance use, and/or harm reduction in addiction.
Featured Keynote Speaker:
Lucas G. Hill, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP
Clinical Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy
Director, Pharmacy Addictions Research & Medicine Program
Title of Keynote Presentation: Meet People Where They're At: Substance Use and the Pedagogy of Harm Reduction in Healthcare
Lucas G. Hill graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy and completed a combined family medicine residency and faculty development fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is now a clinical assistant professor at The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy where he serves as director of the Pharmacy Addictions Research & Medicine (PhARM) Program. Dr. Hill is the principal investigator for a five-year, $25 million Texas Targeted Opioid Response (TTOR) grant which seeks to address the opioid crisis in Texas by educating health professionals and the public while conducting pragmatic research. He currently serves as chair of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Substance Use Disorder Special Interest Group and is an editorial board member for the Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. In 2020, Dr. Hill was awarded the American Pharmacists Association Generation Rx Award of Excellence in recognition of his outstanding contributions to addiction-related education.
- Discuss innovative approaches to incorporating substance use and harm reduction in interprofessional education and training.
- Identify opportunities to integrate substance use and harm reduction pedagogies at one’s own institution.
- Operation Naloxone: An Interprofessional Service-Learning Program
- The Opioid Epidemic: A Case-Based IPE Activity Focused on Values & Ethics
- Chart Mining Essentials for Alcohol Use Disorder
- A Toxic Who Done It!
- Educating Interprofessional Teams on Care of Patients wth Chronic Pain and Opioid Use
- Dismantling the Stigma of Substance Use Disorders through Interprofessional Education
During the registration process, you will select a workshop to attend following the keynote presentation.
- 11:00 – 12:00 CST - Introduction, Keynote, Moderated Q&A, and Wrap-up
- 12:00 – 12:10 CST - Break
- 12:10 – 1:40 CST - Workshop selected at the time of registration
To see a list of workshops or to register, please visit our website at https://app4.ttuhsc.edu/texasipeconsortium/