Interprofessional primary care
New report on IPE course in primary care.
Phillips WR, Keys T. Interprofessional primary care course curriculum and evaluation. Family Medicine. 2018 Mar;50(3):217-222. doi: 10.22454/FamMed.2018.998057. http://doi.org/10.22454/FamMed.2018.998057
The course pioneered at University of Washington:
- Engaged trainees in all health professions: Dentistry, medicine, nursing, PA, pharmacy, public health, social work.
- Earned top student evaluations.
- Recruited students to careers in primary care.
- Led to student recommendations to require the course for all health professions.
- Generated student reflections describing the course as a life-changing experience.