As the professional community of the National Center, AIHC contributes to better health and improved outcomes by redesigning how the health care workforce is prepared and how care is organized and delivered. AIHC members work locally, nationally and internationally to influence policy, develop and share best practices and resources, conduct research, mentor and support colleagues and remove barriers to effective action.
To learn more about AIHC, visit our website at aihc-us.org.
Join AIHC Today!
As a community of professionals committed to interprofessional practice and education, AIHC inspires colleagues and creates opportunities to come together, learn and grow.
- Connect — Build relationships with others who share your passion for interprofessional practice and education and understand the field and its challenges.
- Gain new knowledge — Learn more about interprofessional best practices and new models at conferences, through webinars and during networking events.
- Share expertise — Take advantage of opportunities to share what you know and what you have learned. Contribute to the growing body of knowledge about the field.
- Grow — Get involved in AIHC mentoring and leadership development programs to enhance your career and advance the field.
- Drive change — Engage actively in this dynamic, professional community to accelerate implementation of interprofessional strategies in both educational and clinical settings.
Who Should Join?
AIHC is open to individuals who are interested in transforming health in the United States through interprofessional collaboration. Institutional memberships provide additional value and support interprofessional collaboration across an institution or partnership. Members may include:
- Health care team members
- Health professions educators
- Organizational and institutional leaders
- Public health professionals
- Care coordinators
- Administrators of health care delivery and payment systems
- Patients, family and caregivers
- Community representatives
- Emerging health professionals
- Engagement in an interprofessional community of practice
- Opportunities for national- and international-level service through committee involvement
- Involvement in the AIHC/National Center Mentorship program
- National service awards for interprofessional engagement
Collaboration and Connection
- Exclusive member-only activities including webinars, special programming, and events at national meetings
- Collaboration and connection with other AIHC members and organizations
- Advance notice and reduced registration fees
- Collaborating Across Borders
- National Center Nexus Summit
- AIHC special programming
- Affiliated regional-conferences
- Other National Center and AIHC activities
- Online access to learning tools, informational resources and current research in the field of interprofessional practice and education
- Participation in members-only forums and other leadership development opportunities
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly briefs
- Personalized member certificate
Added Value for Institutional Members
- Build capacity and community among professionals within an institution to advance interprofessional practice and education goals
- Recognition as an AIHC Institutional member on the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education and American Interprofessional Health Collaborative websites
- Fee waiver for AIHC Affiliate Conference Designation ($75 value)
What is the Cost?
Individual, institutional and student memberships are available. Both are valid for one year from the date of purchase and expire on the last day of the corresponding month.
Individual memberships are ideal for individuals seeking professional engagement, support and interaction through special communications, networking opportunities and discounts throughout the year. An individual membership is $150.
Institutional memberships are ideal for institutions or organizations that would like to support the professional development of multiple individuals within the organization. An institutional membership provides benefits to five individuals for the price of four memberships. An institutional membership is $600 ($750 value).
Student memberships are designed to provide interprofessional networking and learning experiences for health professional students throughout the year. Special student programming and leadership opportunities are also available. A student membership is $30
|Institutional Membership (5 individuals)||$600 ($750 value)|
To join AIHC, please select the membership that best meets your needs and click the appropriate hyperlink:
*We recommend using Mozilla Firefox browser to purchase your membership. The registration website is often incompatible with Internet Explorer. We advice against using Internet Explorer to purchase your membership.
If you need assistance or have specific questions on membership, please contact Sean Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.